Sales Storytelling Training
In volatile times, when trust is essential and context matters, sales leaders turn to storytelling.
Whenever we nurture leads, advocate for change or service our clients, we are storytelling in sales—no matter whether we use words, pictures or data. Sales storytelling is about much more than “telling a convincing story”: great sales people can use storytelling frameworks to improve how they understand their customer, communicate the opportunity and motivate action.
In this expertly facilitated 1 or 2 day workshop, instructor Jordan Bower introduces your team to the concepts and frameworks of Sales Storytelling. Your team will discover a new common language, deepen relationships with their stakeholders and each other, and become more charismatic, so they can identify and close more opportunities.
“Jordan knows his stuff inside out, and he communicates it wonderfully.”
~ Workshop Attendee, Canadian Tire Triangle Learning Academy
Sales Storytelling Trainings are:
Engaging & motivating
Sales storytelling workshops are interactive, participatory and inspiring. Everyone on your team will walk away with actionable takeaways.
Customized to your team
Before every workshop, we conduct an in-depth assessment that allows us to adapt the content to your specific needs and industry.
Integrated into your process
Your team will workshop the real sales stories they tell every day, so you can achieve immediate impact.
Sales Storytelling Training Program Overview
This storytelling in sales training program will help your team achieve a new level of charisma and creative thinking in their communication. By integrating these essential skills into your sales process, they will vastly improve their ability to identify and close opportunities.
Sales professionals begin by redefining what they think storytelling means. They learn that storytelling is more than just once upon a time: instead, it is about strategically combining facts, data points and emotional cues in order to improve how their message is understood by their stakeholders. Your team will learn how to do so by balancing professionalism with authenticity.
During the training, we work with your real sales stories. Participants receive storytelling frameworks that empower them to consider their approach from new, innovative perspectives. They learn how to build a great story, how to deliver a great story, and how to adapt that story to various audiences.
The workshop concludes with a facilitated discussion on how these new ideas can be integrated into your existing sales processes.
What Does a Storytelling Training Include?
We review your existing sales messaging and interview your team to assess where you currently stand.
We listen to your goals and customize our sales storytelling content and approach accordingly.
Strategizing Next Steps
We meet with executive leadership to discuss the results of the workshop—and suggest possible next steps.
“Improved the skill of everyone on our team, from individual contributors to leadership.”
~ Chief Revenue Officer, King’s Hawaiian
Learning Objectives for a Sales Storytelling Training
- Understand the concept of sales storytelling
- Explore how it applies to individual and team strategic goals
- Identify components of effective sales storytelling
- Employ frameworks to improve understanding of prospects and customers
- Apply learning to real sales messaging
- Address change resistance
- Align the team around clear next step
Topics Covered for a Storytelling Workshop Training
- How to craft a story (presentation, report, strategic narrative, email, etc.)
- Storytelling with data
- Understanding your audience/stakeholders
- Improving creativity and charisma
- Balancing fact vs. emotion, professional vs. personal, serious vs. human
- Integrating change and envisioning next steps
Sales Storytelling Training Logistics
- The training format is a flexible structure that can apply to mixed sales teams (Account Managers, Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Sales Ops, Customer Success, Directors, Executives, etc.) as well as to individual groups.
- Ideal size is 15-30. Larger and smaller groups possible.
- Various configurations of in person, remote and hybrid possible.
- Can be delivered as a 1 or 2 day workshop or as a multi-week learning journey.
Understand the Sales Storytelling Business Case
- Become more charismatic and engaging. Clearer, more inspired communication is much more efficient for generating influence, understanding and trust.
- Build skills on the job. Companies have a nearly 7% higher retention rate at the 3-year mark with employees who have learned skills on the job, according to LinkedIn’s 2023 report.
- Deepen team relationships. When a team goes through an emotionally meaningful learning experience, the lasting legacy far outperforms conventional training.
- Develop a common language. New vocabulary about communication helps teams integrate sustainable change.
- Improve problem solving. Building organizational capacity to think abstractly has applications well beyond communication.
Meet the Sales Storytelling Facilitator
Jordan Bower is a dynamic creative thinker, expert group facilitator and accomplished business storyteller.
Since 2013, Jordan has designed and developed business storytelling workshops for clients like Autodesk, Mozilla, Pearson Education and dozens more. He has delivered keynote speeches for audiences ranging from corporate executives, small-business leaders, entrepreneurs and government officials.